Sunday 20 July 2014

SIMØNE... Exclusive Inter-Mix for Disco Unchained!

We recently got in touch with one of our all-time favorite 80s electro producers; "Simøne". Simøne is based in Spain, and is notorious for his quality DJ sets at Rock Nights. Some of his greatest releases include one of my all-time personal favorite tracks; his disco-synth edit of "Let's Dance" by David Bowie. Simøne's sound is both original and nostalgic, and is definitely something people need to start checking out. Aside being an excellent producer, Simøne is a really cool guy too. Check out Disco Unchained's exclusive Inter-Mix with him below!

Also, for those of you wondering what the hell an "Inter-Mix" is; it's a Disco Unchained exclusive profile review on an artist we feel is worth taking a look at. We ask the artist questions, both personal and professional, and we explore the origins and style of their music via exclusive mix-tapes they produce specially for us. 








1) Who is Simone? Could you tell us a bit about yourselves for people that aren't familiar with your work?

I'm from Barcelona, and I DJ and produce remixes with 80s twist and Disco

2) Where would you say your strongest musical influences have come from?

I'd be lying if I said that only 80's has influenced me.. I believe that many decades have influenced me, particularly  styles such as Disco, Disco funk, 90's House and synth pop. 

3) Where do you see Simone in 5 years?

Doing what I love and teaching new generations of artists

4) Do you have any new EPs, albums, or singles in the pipeline?

I'm working on an E.P. I will give you info soon...

5) Aside music, what else does Simone do for fun

I love movies and reading military history books.

6) What's your all time favorite pizza-topping?

Chicken with Mushrooms?

7) All time favorite horror film?

Alien 1979

8) This is hard, and we're known for asking this, but what is your all time favorite track?

I can tell you that most times, this really makes me want to dance..."Do you wanna Funk" by Sylvester.

9) Is there anything you'd like to shout out to our fans?

Do not forget that music is emotionality before a product.

__________________________________________________________________

Be sure to check out Simøne's exclusive mixtape for us below...Special surprises inside. Make sure to share and repost as well, the mix is free to download!


Simone's July 2014 DiscoTape Art-Work- By Daanish Wali

 

No comments:

Post a Comment